What is WLI LeadershipConnect?
LeadershipConnect is a six-month, tailored program of leadership learning, networking and support for female and male Australia Awards scholars and alumni from the Pacific.
LeadershipConnect brings together a selection of the most popular content, guest speakers and other activities from WLI's prestigious Women’s Developmental Leadership Program (WDLP), allowing female and male Pacific scholars and alumni to build their leadership skills, knowledge and networks – from the comfort and safety of your home or workplace.
While most of the learning is offered online, LeadershipConnect provides opportunities for face-to-face interaction through locally facilitated in-country events, and a chance to apply for study tours or internships in your chosen leadership area anywhere in the Pacific, including Australia.
As a LeadershipConnect participant you will have access to:
- Fortnightly online sessions, where you will learn some key leadership skills and concepts and be introduced to some exciting guest speakers. This includes special “Leadership Spotlight” sessions where leaders from the Pacific will share their insights and discuss topics such as Pacific Regionalism, Women’s Political Participation in the Pacific and Environment and Climate change.
- A face-to-face leadership learning and discussion session, facilitated by participants in your local area.
- A chance to apply for a study tour or internship in your chosen leadership area anywhere in the Pacific, including Australia.
- A dedicated online networking/information sharing platform to connect with other participants and WLI staff, and access key articles and information.
- WLI’s counselling service, to provide additional advice and support during these challenging times.
- All other WLI Learning and Networking Events where you can join the discussion on key leadership issues in the Pacific and hear from some of the region’s most notable leaders, policy makers and practitioners.
Applications for LeadershipConnect 2023 are now closed